Headquarters: Austin, Texas, United States
GreatAuPair is seeking a professional SQL developer who will be responsible for the design, development, and support of multiple MS SQL databases and servers, ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance. Your primary focus will be working with other database and application developers to assist with data migration, development, maintenance and performance tuning efforts for all business units. Collaborate with other developers to establish best practices and optimize SQL statements as necessary. Efficiently resolve database usage issues, provide solutions and advice to prevent such problems in the future. You must be an active listener and an excellent communicator with a point of view and the experience to back it up.
GreatAuPair is a global online international job matching service, designated by the US Department of State as a sponsor of the US Au Pair program.
GreatAuPair is recognized as one of the Top 15 Remote Employers. Join our team or share this with someone you know who might be interested.
This is a remote contract position, convertible to full-time remote work with benefits for the right professional. As a SQL Developer, you must have at least 5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in SQL database development. Candidates must demonstrate high levels of proficiency with:
- Strong proficiency with MS SQL Server and its variation among popular databases
- Experience with MS SQL Server Reporting services
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements and stored procedures
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Ability to break down project requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- The ideal candidate will have at least a technical B.A. degree, solid organizational skills, be confident, fast and efficient with all tasks and must be an excellent, open communicator.
This is a remote, free-lance position that could lead to a permanent post. You must have your own work space, systems, software and high- speed Internet connection and be familiar working as a critical part of a highly motivated, fast-moving virtual team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop Microsoft SQL database systems including statements, procedures, functions, views, and indexes
- Ability to learn business rules and processes and apply to system design
- Design and create interactive reports using MS SQL reporting services based upon customer needs and feedback
- Excellent problem and troubleshooting skills
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Effective time management and ability to float between multiple projects
- Assist with common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Ability to collaborate effectively with application developers to balance app and database needs, answer questions about data models, help in performance tuning, and offer suggestions
- Work with QA and other resources to address issues and changes as they arise
Source: Remote Global, GreatAuPair
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk LampProduct on sale
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space GreyProduct on sale
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combo$57.99
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$16.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99
Sungkeen Webcam with Microphone and Privacy Cover$42.99
Falwedi Triple Display 12 in 1 USB C Hub with 2 HDMI & VGA$49.99