Company: Matthew Hussey
Headquarters: Los Angeles, California, United States
Are you a freelance designer who wants to put your creative eye to use with a team doing meaningful work helping women level up their lives? Are you able to handle shifting requirements with grace and aplomb? Are you great at balancing offering up your ideas and working hard to develop them with taking final direction from someone else?
Then you might be the designer we’re looking for!
The qualities we’re seeking include:
- 0-3 years experience
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- Top-notch communication skills, including writing (as a remote team, we do a lot of our communicating in writing, so we value this highly!)
- Deadline-meeting superstar
- A lot of flexibility and a cool head under pressure
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and great energy
- Experience working freelance and/or remotely
- Web design skills & familiarity are a plus but not required
- A wide variety of design projects including free PDF guide covers, program icons, marketing materials, potentially some social media posts, and more – you will not be bored!
- Consistent and reliable communication with our lead designer
- Willingness to speak up with ideas as well as take final direction where necessary
Why Join Us?
- You’ll work remotely with a good amount of flexibility. We are 100% remote, with team members based in LA, NY, the UK, Eastern Europe, and Asia.
- Make an impact – help women level-up in their relationships, self-esteem, and happiness.
- Be part of a positive, upbeat team that deals with each other with respect and gratitude.
This role starts as part-time freelance for 5-7 hours per week, but we’re looking for someone with the desire and flexibility to add more hours soon, if we both find the relationship working well. Given that most of our customers are in the U.S., we generally work U.S. business hours, so you should have consistent availability within 9 am – 6 pm Eastern Time hours (if you’re an early bird and want to work from Pacific Time, or a night owl who wants to work from European hours, we don’t care, but we’ll need to be reliably able to reach you during these hours). You’ll need consistent availability between the hours of 11 AM – 3 PM Eastern (for potential video calls), and our lead designer is in New York.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please write a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as to why you’d be a good fit in the body of your email. Include a link to your digital portfolio.
DO NOT send a CV or other attachments (if you attach ANYTHING to your email, your application will automatically not be read). We prioritize culture fit, attention to detail, creative sensitivity, and quality writing when selecting candidates.
You’ll be chatting with our Operations & People Strategist, Rachael Mare. Her favorite color is blue, so she’d be pleased if you put that word somewhere in your subject line when sending your letter.
Source: We Work Remotely