Headquarters: Stanford, California, United States
Full-stack Engineer, Frontend
Location: remote – ideally able to work close to U.S. business hours.
Start date: ASAP
Segmed’s mission is to bring higher quality healthcare to millions more patients around the world. We are doing this by turning the medical research process on it’s head and providing real-world, anonymous medical data for development at the click of a button. We came out of Stanford and YCombinator.
We’re looking for an experienced full-stack frontend engineer who wants to help shape the way we interact with our customers. Your job will be to help us implement the web interface of our cloud search platform, where millions of medical imaging files can be searched through, selected, and exposed securely to the research community. This position is an opportunity to make a huge impact on the implementation of our customer facing platform and make a difference in the way medical AI development is done. You will report directly to the CTO and work closely with the cross functional team including medical experts and our stellar UI/UX team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- People skills – you must be a team player and get to know the wider Segmed team
- 100% responsibility for the frontend code in our user-facing Segmed Portal
- Implement clean, stable and tested frontend code aligned with our UI/UX strategy and backend features to meet your frontend needs and/or help with implementing them
- Other ad hoc responsibilities to support the company’s objectives, as required in this fast-paced startup
- Travel at Segmed’s expense for fun company-wide team offsites once the pandemic is over!
- 2yrs+ experience with top HTML/CSS framework (Twitter Bootstrap, Tailwind, Semantic CSS)
- 1yrs+ experience in REST APIs and debugging HTTP applications
- Proficiency in at least one backend technology (Python/Ruby; Golang preferred)
- Experience in continuous frontend testing to ensure no glitches are present in web platform
- Superior attention to detail and excellent communicator, both interpersonal and written
- Well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
- Enjoy working remotely
- You’ve done end-to-end automated testing of a frontend (Selenium)
- Healthcare industry knowledge / experience
- Transparency: We tell it like it is, good or bad
- Social Good: People first
- Learning Mentality: We acknowledge what we don’t know and find out
- Integrity: Do the right thing even if no one’s watching
At Segmed we consider equal opportunities essential. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Source: Best Remote Job, Segmed
HP Pavilion – Mineral Silver$899.99
2020 Newest HP x360 2-in-1 14-inch FHD Touchscreen Chromebook – Mineral Silver$609.99
Oviedo Full Desk Mousepad$19.95
SkyGenius Rechargeable USB Powered Mini Clip-on Desk Fan$14.99
TaoTronics LED Desk Lamp$49.99
Skrebba Laptop Stand – Space Grey$39.98
Z-LITONG Wireless Keyboard Mouse ComboProduct on sale
Jelly Comb Ergonomic Dual Mode 2.4GHz Wireless Mouse with USB and Type C Receiver$23.99
VAVA 7-in-1 USB C Adapter$24.99